I really like Donald Trump’s idea of making America great again. I truly hope that part of that idea, is ‘making trucking great again’.
As truckers, that’s certainly what WE want to see.
How Can Trucking Be Made Great Again?
- Lower diesel fuel prices
- Create safe parking for all truckers
- Build more full facility truck stops with decent food options
- Ditch the stupid rules and regs in this industry
- Implement a more fair pay system for truck drivers
- Improve the roads
- Fewer cars on our roads. Remove the offenders from the highway, permanently.
- Implement a truck driver training system which turns out more highly skilled drivers
- No free waiting time. Period.
- Implement a mandatory 2 week paid vacation for all drivers.
- Dispatchers should have minimum 5 years OTR driving experience, to qualify, in order that they understand what truck drivers experience out there.
- More reliable trucks.
- More rights for truckers eg. unlimited personal miles so a driver isn’t stuck in the middle of nowhere, half hr away from home base.
- Free paper bags for those who drive Volvos!
I’m doubtful as to whether or not even 1/2 of my wishes will ever be true.
Making trucking great again should be attainable. If only the politics and the greed didn’t get in the way.
More Articles You May Like
- How to Get Along With Your Dispatcher and Retain Your Dignity
- The Best Trucking Companies to Work For 2019 USA
- 7 Things You Need To Know About Your First Year as a New Truck Driver
- 5 Problems With Trucker Stereotypes and How to Solve Them
- It’s Getting Harder To Turn a Profit in Trucking
- Tired Truckers Asleep at the Wheel