This section of our site, focuses on the various makes and models of big rig trucks. It’s a pretty important section. After all, it’s that hard working iron that makes the money and pays the bills for the truck owner.
What’s In The Big Rig Guide?
- Find out what diesel motors are reliable, what makes and models are best for the job at hand, the pros and cons of some models and lots of tips and advice from experienced truckers, who have been there and done that: advice worth knowing.
- Photo galleries, truck reviews and advice for maintenance, repair and spec’ing semi trucks.
- Useful tips and advice for care and maintenance, tips and tricks to keep your vehicle running efficiently and keeping it on the road and out of the repair shop.
- Kenworth, Freightliner, Peterbilt, Western Star, Mack and Volvo, cabover, and conventional style big rig trucks, show trucks, new rigs and older, and vintage models of 18 wheelers.
We’ll provide you with as much information about 18 wheelers as we’re able. The more you know, the better equipped you’ll be to handle whatever comes your way in the trucking business.
Looking for TRUCK PARTS?
Search for new and used heavy duty truck parts for all makes and models.
A very fine rig, all the way around…. both inside and out, the Kenworth is top-of-the-line, well built, classy, stylish and the ultimate owner operator vehicle.
It’s worthy of noting that a team of experienced truckers are consulted on the design of upcoming models, for practicality.
- KW Cabover Collection
- Review of the W900A and B
- KW Photo Gallery 1 – Working and Show Trucks
- KW Custom- Gallery 1
- KW Custom – Gallery 2
- Photo Gallery of Older KW Models
- More K-Whopper Articles
Ahhhh…..the other finest Class 8 vehicle that $$ can buy. The Pete is also an owner operator vehicle, built to suit even the most discriminating of tastes!
That low and long look of many of the classic Peterbilts, are no longer made, but remain as the top sellers in the big truck used market. In fact, the 359 and 379 Pete, are two of the most popular ever made, in this class.
- 359 Photos
- Review of the 359 Model
- 379 Collection
- 386 Model – Review
- 389 Pictures
- 10 Reasons to Love a Pete!
- Working Peterbilts – Gallery of Owner Operator Trucks
- Pete Show Rigs Gallery
- More Pete Articles
The Freightliner truck has always been very popular for fleets. It wins hands down for their recent innovative fuel efficient design and price tags.
They are less expensive to purchase and less expensive to operate, than their Paccar product competitors, the Peterbilt and Kenworth.
Heavy duty, built to last, the Western Star is the right choice for the tough jobs.
Western Star Pictures
Many of the older generation of drivers, are stuck on Macks. Many learned to drive on a Mack….. definitely one of the tougher trucks in the Class 8 truck category.
Special Big Rig Trucks
Australian Road Trains — Interview with a trucker who runs the Australian Outback.
Logging Rigs — Photos and info on the powerful logging trucks that rule the rugged private back roads.
Big Bunk Trucks — 18 wheelers with custom sleepers are making a come back.
LCV’s — Long Combination Vehicles: The behemoth big rig trucks on our highways.
Where Have All the Chicken Trucks Gone? — The numbers of tricked out owner operator trucks seems to be decreasing.
Other Truck Articles You May Like
Tips, information, advice and some insider secrets from experienced truckers.
- Diesel Engine Manufacturers — Diesel motor manufacturers left in the game.
- Caterpillar Diesel Motors — Cat motor reviews by truckers.
- Diesel Engine Troubleshooting — Engine maintenance tips.
- Diesel Fuel Economy — Fuel saving tips.
- DPF System Removal Causing a Stir
- Are Glider Kits a Viable Solution?
- Tires — Discussions on retreads, super singles, and tire care tips.
- Retread Tires — Driver experiences and comments on the ups and downs of retread tires.
- Saving $$ – Used Big Truck Parts — Tips and advice on used parts for big rigs.
- Spec’ing Big Rig Trucks — Insider secrets for spec’ing trucks for best resale value.
- Recaps Are a Gamble