Whether you’re just thinking about getting into trucking, are presently in training, are a new driver or an owner operator, there’s things you should know to help you survive and thrive in the trucking industry.
Getting Into a Truck Driving Career
How to kick start a truck driving career and topics of special interest to the new trucker: the in’s and outs of a driving job, and what to watch out for.
- Is a Trucking Career Right For You?
- Training Options Available
- How Much Will I Make as a Driver in Training?
- How Much Does It Cost For Driver Training?
- The Challenges of the First Year as a Truck Driver
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Becoming a Trucker
- How Much $ Does a Truck Driver Make?
- Team Driving Team: Is Driving With a Partner For You?
- Duties of a Truck Driver
- Simply For the Love of Driving
- Company Driver or Owner Operator?
- What’s It REALLY Like Being a Trucker? Driver Career Stories
- Comparison of City, Highway and Regional Driving Jobs
- The Ups & Downs of Short Haul Trucking
- What You Need to Know About Long Haul Trucking
- 10 Traits of the Perfect Driving Job
- 5 Things I Learned From My Career in Trucking: By a 35+ year Veteran Driver
Job search tips, learn about the various niches of trucking within the industry and where the $$ is in trucking.
- Search For a Trucking Job
- Secrets to Finding the Best Trucking Company to Work For
- The Better Paying Jobs in Trucking
- Common Questions & Answers About Trucking Jobs
- All About Tanker Hauling Jobs
- Getting a Job on the Ice Roads
- Liquid Bulk Trucking
- Truck Driving Jobs in Canada
- The Car Hauling Niche
Driver Skills – For New Truck Drivers
Refreshers of critical driving skills.
- How to Back Up a Tractor Trailer
- How to Pin up a Big Rig to a Trailer
- How to Perform a Pretrip Inspection
- How to Scale a Tandem Axle Trailer
- How to Slide the Fifth Wheel
- How to Use the Jake Brake
- How to Shift an 18 Speed
- Setting Up for a Loading Dock
- How to Safely Climb a Slippery Grade
- Setting Up Axle Weights for a Five Axle Truck
- How to Chain Up
- Getting Unstuck
- Cornering a Big Rig
- Controlling Your Speed
- What to Do When Your Truck Breaks Down
- How to Calculate Fuel Weight
- How to Handle a D.O.T. Inspection
- Using a Spinner Knob
- Record Keeping Tips
Things Every Trucker Should Know
Truck driving schools and programs don’t cover everything. Find tips and insider secrets to a safe, profitable and satisfying career as a truck driver.
- Planning Your Trip
- Keeping Healthy On the Road
- Healthy Snack Ideas for Truckers
- How to Cope With Being Sick on the Road
- Mental Wellness Tips for Truckers
- Relationship Tips for Surviving a Trucking Career
- Winter Driving Tips for Truckers-1
- Winter Driving Tips for Truckers-2
- Tips For Living on the Road
- 8 Critical Things to Watch When Behind the Wheel
- Know the Dangers of Long Combination Vehicles
- Distracted Driving: A Truck Driver’s Worst Nightmare
- Dangers of Distracted Driving
- How to Protect Your Truck at Truck Stops
- Accident Prevention Really Does Work
- Sure Fire Accident Prevention Tips
- 10 Best Safe Driving Tips
- How to Handle Driver Burn Out
- A Comparison of Paper Logs vs. Electronic Logs
- Getting Along With Your Dispatcher
- The Best Trucker GPS
- Safety Tips For Idling a Truck
- 7 DOT CSA Inspection Secrets You Should Know
- Maintaining a Professional Image
- Legal Advice for Truckers
- Pet Peeves of Truckers
- The Old School Trucker & The Future of the Trucking Industry
- When It’s Time to Hang Up the Keys
- Challenge That Right Turn Accident!
Legal Advice For Truckers
For the Owner Operator
Being an owner operator presents a unique set of challenges. Tips, advice and information to help steer the small business trucker on the road to success.
- Commonly Asked Questions & Answers By Owner Operators
- Pros and Cons of a Long Wheel Base Truck
- Is It Still Profitable to Be an Owner Operator?
- Owner Operator Tips For Choosing the Right Spec’s For Your Truck
- 7 Reasons Truckers Are Rebuilding and Restoring Their Trucks
- Truck Insurance Facts
- Factoring Your Invoices
- Search and Apply for Owner Operator Jobs
- Am I Too Old to Become an Owner Operator?
- How to Spec a Truck
- Buying a Used Big Rig
- How to Calculate Your Trucking Cost Per Mile
- Should I Become an Owner Operator?
- 10 Tips for Owner Operator Success
- Owner Operator Job VS. Company Driver Job: Which is Better?
- The Biggest Mistake Made By Owner Operators
- The Complete Owner Operator Guide
- Fuel Saving $$ Tips
- Buy New or Rebuild?
- Maintenance, Repair Tips & Tricks
- Running Retreads
- Extend the Life of Your Tires
- Engine Troubleshooting Tips
- Save Some $$ With Used Parts
- Removing Emissions Equipment: Trucker Survival
- Owner Operator Legal Issues
Just For Fun
- Favorite Truck Driver Movies and Music
- Trucker Stories & Tall Tales
- CB Talk: Can YOU Talk the Talk?
- Ice Road Trucking Trivia
- Trucker Songs
Trucking Industry Controversy
There’s no shortage of controversy in the trucking industry! We step up to the plate and debate some of the sensitive issues in the business.
- The High Costs of Trucking
- The Last of the Old School Truckers
- Our Pet Peeves on the Hours of Service Regs
- Truckers’ Thoughts on Electronic Logs
Photo collections of show trucks, popular and classic models. Truck engine reviews.
- Custom Show Trucks 1
- Custom Show Trucks 2
- The Classics
- Big Sleeper Trucks
- Western Star
- Big Trucks With Big Bunks
- Review of Freightliner Cascadia
- Older Model Internationals
- Older Rigs I Older Rigs II
- Logging Trucks
- Australian Roadtrains
- Diesel Engine Manufacturers
- Caterpillar Reviews by Truckers
Find dates for favorite upcoming shows.
Cabovers hold their own and make a come back! See rare and favorite cabover models in our photo collections.
- Cabover – 1
- Cabover – 2
- Freightliner Cabover
- Kenworth Cabover
- Peterbilt Cabover
- Older Model Cabovers
- Cabover Trivia
Older Model Trucks
The wildly popular and king of the highway: Peterbilt Trucks! Photo galleries and model reviews.
- Peterbilt 379
- Peterbilt Cabover
- The Numbered 359 Peterbilts
- Peterbilt 359 Trivia
- Best Things About a Peterbilt
- 1987 Peterbilt 377
- 2004 Peterbilt 379
Top class big rigs: The WORLD’S BEST built truck! Gallery photos and model reviews.
- Kenworth 1
- Kenworth 2
- 2002 Kenworth
- Kenworth W900A
- Older Model Kenworth
- Kenworth Custom 1
- Kenworth Custom 2
- Kenworth W900A & W900B Review
- Love Those Kenworth W900A Large Cars
- How to Tell a 379 From a 389: The Differences