Whether you’re just thinking about getting into trucking, are presently in training, are a new driver or an owner operator, there’s things you should know to help you survive and thrive in the trucking industry.
Getting Into a Truck Driving Career
How to kick start a truck driving career and topics of special interest to the new trucker: the in’s and outs of a driving job, and what to watch out for.
- Is a Trucking Career Right For You?
- Training Options Available
- How Much Will I Make as a Driver in Training?
- How Much Does It Cost For Driver Training?
- The Challenges of the First Year as a Truck Driver
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Becoming a Trucker
- How Much $ Does a Truck Driver Make?
- Team Driving Team: Is Driving With a Partner For You?
- Duties of a Truck Driver
- Simply For the Love of Driving
- Company Driver or Owner Operator?
- Comparison of City, Highway and Regional Driving Jobs
- The Ups & Downs of Short Haul Trucking
- What You Need to Know About Long Haul Trucking
- 10 Traits of the Perfect Driving Job
- 5 Things I Learned From My Career in Trucking: By a 35+ year Veteran Driver
Job search tips, learn about the various niches of trucking within the industry and where the $$ is in trucking.
- Search For a Trucking Job
- Secrets to Finding the Best Trucking Company to Work For
- The Better Paying Jobs in Trucking
- Common Questions & Answers About Trucking Jobs
- All About Tanker Hauling Jobs
- Getting a Job on the Ice Roads
- Liquid Bulk Trucking
- The Car Hauling Niche
Driver Skills – For New Truck Drivers
Refreshers of critical driving skills.
- How to Back Up a Tractor Trailer
- How to Pin up a Big Rig to a Trailer
- How to Perform a Pretrip Inspection
- How to Scale a Tandem Axle Trailer
- How to Slide the Fifth Wheel
- How to Use the Jake Brake
- How to Shift an 18 Speed
- Setting Up for a Loading Dock
- How to Safely Climb a Slippery Grade
- Setting Up Axle Weights for a Five Axle Truck
- How to Chain Up
- Getting Unstuck
- Cornering a Big Rig
- Controlling Your Speed
- What to Do When Your Truck Breaks Down
- How to Calculate Fuel Weight
- How to Handle a D.O.T. Inspection
- Using a Spinner Knob
- Record Keeping Tips
Things Every Trucker Should Know
Truck driving schools and programs don’t cover everything. Find tips and insider secrets to a safe, profitable and satisfying career as a truck driver.
- Planning Your Trip
- Keeping Healthy On the Road
- Healthy Snack Ideas for Truckers
- How to Cope With Being Sick on the Road
- Mental Wellness Tips for Truckers
- Relationship Tips for Surviving a Trucking Career
- Winter Driving Tips for Truckers-1
- Winter Driving Tips for Truckers-2
- Tips For Living on the Road
- 8 Critical Things to Watch When Behind the Wheel
- Know the Dangers of Long Combination Vehicles
- Distracted Driving: A Truck Driver’s Worst Nightmare
- Dangers of Distracted Driving
- How to Protect Your Truck at Truck Stops
- Accident Prevention Really Does Work
- Sure Fire Accident Prevention Tips
- 10 Best Safe Driving Tips
- How to Handle Driver Burn Out
- A Comparison of Paper Logs vs. Electronic Logs
- Getting Along With Your Dispatcher
- The Best Trucker GPS
- Safety Tips For Idling a Truck
- 7 DOT CSA Inspection Secrets You Should Know
- Maintaining a Professional Image
- Legal Advice for Truckers
- The Old School Trucker & The Future of the Trucking Industry
- When It’s Time to Hang Up the Keys
- Challenge That Right Turn Accident!
Legal Advice For Truckers
For the Owner Operator
Being an owner operator presents a unique set of challenges. Tips, advice and information to help steer the small business trucker on the road to success.
- Commonly Asked Questions & Answers By Owner Operators
- Pros and Cons of a Long Wheel Base Truck
- Is It Still Profitable to Be an Owner Operator?
- Owner Operator Tips For Choosing the Right Spec’s For Your Truck
- 7 Reasons Truckers Are Rebuilding and Restoring Their Trucks
- Truck Insurance Facts
- Factoring Your Invoices
- Search and Apply for Owner Operator Jobs
- Am I Too Old to Become an Owner Operator?
- How to Spec a Truck
- Buying a Used Big Rig
- How to Calculate Your Trucking Cost Per Mile
- Should I Become an Owner Operator?
- 10 Tips for Owner Operator Success
- Owner Operator Job VS. Company Driver Job: Which is Better?
- The Biggest Mistake Made By Owner Operators
- The Complete Owner Operator Guide
- Fuel Saving $$ Tips
- Buy New or Rebuild?
- Maintenance, Repair Tips & Tricks
- Engine Troubleshooting Tips
- Removing Emissions Equipment: Trucker Survival
- Owner Operator Legal Issues
- Record Keeping Advice
- Photo Gallery of Owner Operator Trucks
Just For Fun
- Favorite Truck Driver Movies and Music
- Trucker Stories & Tall Tales
- CB Talk: Can YOU Talk the Talk?
- Trucker Songs
Trucking Industry Controversy
There’s no shortage of controversy in the trucking industry! We step up to the plate and debate some of the sensitive issues in the business.
Photo collections of show trucks, popular and classic models. Truck engine reviews.
- Custom Show Trucks 1
- Custom Show Trucks 2
- The Classics
- Big Sleeper Trucks
- Western Star
- Big Trucks With Big Bunks
- Review of Freightliner Cascadia
Find dates for favorite upcoming shows.
Cabovers hold their own and make a come back! See rare and favorite cabover models in our photo collections.
- Cabover – 1
- Cabover – 2
- Freightliner Cabover
- Kenworth Cabover
- Peterbilt Cabover
- Older Model Cabovers
- Cabover Trivia
Older Model Trucks
The wildly popular and king of the highway: Peterbilt Trucks! Photo galleries and model reviews.
- Peterbilt 379
- Peterbilt Cabover
- The Numbered 359 Peterbilts
- Peterbilt 359 Trivia
- Best Things About a Peterbilt
- 1987 Peterbilt 377
- 2004 Peterbilt 379
Top class big rigs: The WORLD’S BEST built truck! Gallery photos and model reviews.