Trucker culture is a unique culture. It even has a language of it’s own.
But over the years, a rapidly growing population demanding more goods, therefore an increasing demand for more trucks and more truck drivers, and highways have become busier, the trucker culture, professionalism and values of a proud, hard-working group of men and women, begins to weaken.
- No time to stop and help a fellow trucker or a four wheeler in distress
- Time is money for truckers where the majority are paid on a piece work system, by the mile.
- More drivers are needed to fill empty seats, means truck driving schools and programs running driver assembly lines to pump out new drivers fast.
- Increasingly complex Hours of Service regulations and an increasing number of rules, increases the stress level for professional truck drivers and hurts the pocketbook of the average trucker
- The level of respect for the professional truck driver is at an all time low.
In this section of our site, we will
- address the issues which have brought about in some cases permanent damage and have hurt our trucker culture and profession
- reminisce about old school ways and old school trucking days
- tell a few trucking stories
- and appreciate the journey of the truck driver from other parts of the world.
Professionalism, Stereotypes and the Old School Ways
Respect For the Professional Driver
- Do Truck Drivers Deserve Respect? —Even among the truck driving community, it seems the respect we once had is gone. We need to correct this and we can.
- Are Truckers Paid Fairly?
Old School Days and Ways
- Where Have the Old School Professional Truckers Gone?
- Lessons I Learned From Old School Truckers
- 5 Things Professional Truck Drivers Should Never Do
- Old Cabover Photo Collection – We Like the Way They Roll
- How to Identify a Super Trucker
Trucking Around the World
- Trucking in Australia — This is the Way They Roll Down Under
- Australian Road Trains — Kings of The Road in the Outback Of Australia
- Big CB Radios – An Important Part of Trucker Culture From Days Gone By
- Learn How to Talk Trucker CB Lingo, C’Mon!
- Popular Trucking Songs and the Role of Music in the Life of the Trucker
Truck Driver Stories
Truckers have always been known for telling some great stories of their adventures and sitings on their travels.