We offer trucking company reviews and other resources for the benefit of the professional truck driver.
We know that trucking companies have the ability to make or break a trucking career.
In today’s trucking industry, there are more trucking companies than ever before.
It can be quite a monumental task to find a decent carrier to work for near you.
But who needs THAT challenge if you’re on the road!
Find reviews, tips, advice and resources about trucking companies, from a dependable source, to save the professional driver valuable time.
**Bookmark this page and check back from time to time for the latest updates. **
THE DRIVER RECRUITER
Most likely the first person you’ll have contact with at a trucking company is the driver recruiter.
Know how to handle the recruiter and get what you need to know.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST TRUCKING COMPANY TO WORK FOR
- How to Find the Best Trucking Company to Work For Some rock solid tips to seeking out the best carriers in the trucking industry.
- How to Choose a Trucking Company to Work For – Yes, Size DOES Matter! — A comparison of the advantages + disadvantages of working for large vs small trucking companies.
TRUCKING COMPANIES TO INVESTIGATE FOR A TRUCKING JOB – U.S.
We have researched and found these U.S. trucking companies worthy of further investigation for employment.
- 2020 Best Trucking Companies to Work For – Well Rated Carriers Worthy of Further Investigation For a Truck Driving Job
TRUCKING COMPANIES TO INVESTIGATE FOR A TRUCK DRIVING JOB – CANADA
- 2020 Top Trucking Companies to Work For – Carriers Worthy of Checking Out Further For a Truck Driving Job
COMPANIES WITH CDL TRAINING + A DRIVING JOB
When it comes to working for the mega carriers, it seems to be a love ‘me or hate ’em attitude in the truck driving community.
However, don’t dismiss these big trucking companies as potential employers.
Getting on board with one of these large companies can be very advantageous to a new CDL driver.
Be smart. Take advantage of the perks, even if it’s only to get your CDL training and some behind the wheel driving experience.
It’s worth knowing what they have to offer.
- OLD DOMINION
TRUCKING COMPANY WITH BY-THE-HOUR WAGES OR SALARY
We at Smart Trucking are of the opinion that carriers which pay by the hour or salary, can be an excellent choice.
- Denis Gray Trucking, Washington, U.S. — My interview with this small flatbed trucking company in Washington State, and their new and improved pay package structure.
- Arthur Trucking
- CH Express
CARRIERS HIRING NEW TRUCK DRIVERS
Drivers without experience will often encounter difficulty in securing a job. However, there are a number of carriers who will hire new truck drivers with little or no experience.
- Job Search Tips For Inexperienced New Drivers and Carriers Hiring New Truck Drivers
COMPANIES HIRING CDL DRIVERS WITH A CRIMINAL RECORD
Drivers with a criminal record, especially a record with a felony, will have difficulty getting a driving position.
Check out these companies which may hire felons. Find tips for your job search if you have a felony on your record.