This section of our site, focuses on the various makes and models of semi trucks. It’s a pretty important section to the truck driver.
After all, it’s that hard working iron that makes the money and pays the bills for the truck owner.
What’s In The Semi Trucks Guide?
- Find out what diesel engines are reliable, what makes and models are best for the job at hand, the pros and cons of some models and lots of tips and advice from experienced truckers, who have been there and done that: advice worth knowing.
- Photo galleries, truck reviews and advice for maintenance, repair and spec’ing big trucks.
- Useful tips and advice for care and maintenance, tips and tricks to keep your vehicle running efficiently and keeping it on the road and out of the repair shop.
- Kenworth, Freightliner, Peterbilt, Mack, Cabovers, and conventional style rigs, show trucks, new rigs and older, and vintage models.
We’ll provide you with as much information about 18 wheelers as we’re able.
The more you know, the better equipped you’ll be to handle whatever comes your way in the trucking business.
A Guide to the 18 Wheeler Truck
A great place to start if you are new to the 18 wheeler and need to grab onto the basics!
A very fine rig, all the way around…. both inside and out, the Kenworth is top-of-the-line, well built, classy, stylish and the ultimate owner operator vehicle.
It’s worthy of noting that a team of experienced truckers are consulted on the design of upcoming models for practicality.
- KW Cabover Collection
- KW W900 Photo Gallery AND W900A + B Comparison
- KW Photo Gallery – Working and Show Trucks
- KW Show Truck Collection
- Photos of Older KW Models
- The KW W900A Photo Gallery + Review
Ahhhh. The ‘other’ fine Class 8 vehicle. The Pete is a popular choice by the owner operator, built to suit even the most discriminating of tastes!
That low and long look of many of the classic Peterbilts are no longer made, but they remain as the top sellers in the big truck used market. In fact, the 359 and 379 models are two of the most popular ever made in this class.
- 359 Photo Collection
- Why Truckers Loved the 359 Model
- The Classic 359 — The ‘Numbered’ 359 Peterbilts
- 379 Collection
- 2004 379 Peterbilt Tour
- 389 Model Gallery
- Pete Show Rigs Gallery
- Why Kenworth and Peterbilt Trucks are (Still) Better Than the Rest
- 1987 377 Pete with Power
The Freightliner truck has always been very popular for fleets. It wins hands down for their recent innovative fuel efficient design and price tags.
They are less expensive to purchase and less expensive to operate, than their Paccar product competitors, the Peterbilt and Kenworth.
- Conventional vs Cabover Trucks – Will Cabovers Make a Comeback?1980 International Transtar Eagle Feature Truck
- Freightliner Cabover Photos That Will Knock Your Socks Off!
- The Peterbilt Cabover Photo Collection
- The Kenworth Cabover Photo Gallery
- The Only Old School Cabover Truck Guide You’ll Ever Need
Older Semi Trucks
- Collection Of Old Semi Trucks: Memories Of The Glory Days Of Trucking
- Classic Semi Trucks Photo Gallery
- Mack Truck Photo Gallery
- Collection of Antique Semi Trucks
- Old International Trucks – A Photo Collection
- Remembering the Old Big Rigs
- The 5 Best Semi Trucks Ever — A Trip Down Memory Lane!
- The Best Truck Engines — An Owner Operator’s Guide — The best engines, the worst engines and factors the owner operator should consider when spec’ing a truck.
- Diesel Fuel Economy Tips — Our top 10 tips for saving $ at the pumps.
- Logging Rigs — Photos and info on the powerful logging trucks that rule the rugged private back roads.
- Australian Road Trains — King of the Outback Roads — Interview with a trucker who runs the Australian Outback.
- Big Custom Sleeper Berth Trucks — 18 wheelers with custom sleepers are making a come back.
- The Pros + Cons of a Long Wheelbase Truck — Learn the ups and downs of long wheelbase trucks.
- Glider Kits — A Quick Guide to What You Need to Know
- Custom Show Trucks – Gallery 1
- More Custom Semi Trucks – Gallery 2