There are some U.S. trucking companies that hire convicted felons.
If you are a truck driver and have been convicted of a felony in the U.S., you may have been worried you’ll have trouble getting hired for a truck driving job.
Well, I won’t lie.
Yes, it will be tough sledding for you. No doubt.
But, one of the best tips I can give you is to be honest with the employer.
Will Trucking Companies Hire Felons?
In the past, this was the case. Big trucking companies and small companies were reluctant to hire anyone with a felony charge.
But carriers in recent years, due to the driver shortage have relaxed their rules on hiring felons for truck driving jobs.
Each carrier has their own set of rules. Some will hire felons fresh upon release, after a review.
While other carriers stipulate hiring can only occur 5, 7 or 10 years after release.
According to our research and investigation, here is a list of trucking companies that may hire felons.
Related > Job Search Tips For Felons From a Lawyer
No Guarantees For Hire
Be aware that no trucking company hires any employee, felon or not, before going through an interview process, in which potential employees are vetted.
None of these carriers guarantee a truck driving job for anyone.
However, the above companies at the time of publication, have expressed that they would ‘consider’ hiring a qualified CDL truck driver.
Trucking Companies That Hire Recent Felons
- Roadtex Transportation, Somerset, New Jersey
- Paschall Truck Lines, Murray, Kentucky
- Britton Transport – Grad Forks, North Dakota
- Carolina Cargo – Rock Hill, South Dakota
- Covenant Transport – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Freymiller Inc. – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Hirshcbach Motor Lines – Dubuque, Iowa
- J&R Schugel Inc – New Ulm, Minnesota
- Maverick Transportation – Little Rock, Arkansas
- Millis Transfer – Black River Fall, Wisconsin
- Navajo Express – North Washington Co.
- Prime – Springfield, Missouri
- Schneider National – Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Tyson Foods – Springdale, Arkansas
- U.S. Xpress – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Werner Enterprises – Omaha, Nebraska
Trucking Companies That Hire Felons – 5 Years After Release
- Barr-Numm Transportation – Granger, Iowa
- Groendyke Transport – Enid, Oklahoma
- Melton Truck Lines – Catoosa, Oklahoma
- P.G.T. Trucking – Aliquippa, PA
- Roehl Transport – Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Stevens Transport – Dallas, TX
- Tango Transport – Shreveport, Louisiana
Trucking Companies That Hire Felons – 10 Years After Release
- Celadon Trucking – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Crete Carriers – Lincoln, Nebraska
- C.R. England Inc., – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dick Laven Trucking – Bradford, Ohio
- J.B. Hunt – Lowell, Arkansas
- Swift Transportation – Phoenix, Arizona
CDL Grants For Felons
There is a government grant program available geared to job training for felons.
Tax Credit For Hiring a Felon
It’s good to know there are tax credits available for employers who hire a felon for a job in their company.
I believe felons deserve a fair shake and a second chance.
This employer incentive program will give an employer that little boost that it may take to give deserving individuals a job.
Learn more about the Hiring a Felon Tax Credit.