There is a dark side of trucking. It is often brushed aside or not spoken about openly.
The trucking industry consists of a huge population of people. Within this population, the majority of the workers are truck drivers who have a stressful risky, often low paying job, live a transient lifestyle and thus are very susceptible to health problems.
Some trucking companies and segments of the trucking industry freely take advantage of the truck driver population in various ways.
The truck driver is often intimidated by the system and unaware that they are being taken advantage of. Therefore they do nothing in response but take it.
Learn how to recognize dishonesty in the trucking industry.
Recognizing the Dark Side of Trucking and How to Handle It
- Trucking Industry Dishonesty, Liars and Cheaters To Beware Of – Some of the more common sources of dishonesty in trucking.
- Are You Willing to Go to Jail For Your Truck Driving Job? – As a professional driver, you have a lot of responsibility. With responsibility, comes liability. Be aware of your personal liability, in the event of an accident.
- 5 Dirty Trucking Company Tricks You Should Know About – 5 tricks pulled by some trucking companies which truck drivers should beware of.
- THE Dirtiest Trucking Company Trick Ever – This one takes the cake! It’s the slimiest trick we’ve ever heard of pulled by some carriers.
- The Most Common Lies Dispatchers Tell Truckers – If you’ve never heard of at least ONE of these lies, you are definitely not a truck driver!
- An Industry Tool To Lure In New Drivers – A lesson in being careful during the interview process with a trucking company.
- What You Need to Know About Forced Dispatch – Be sure to be well informed on a carrier’s dispatch system, before accepting a trucking job.
- 10 Deadly Dangers of a Truck Driving Job – The industry would rather not talk about the potential dangers and risks of driving a big truck. Know before you get on board if the risks are worth it for you.
- How to Handle High Risk Deliveries – There may be times when your employer sends you to a delivery location which is unsafe. Know how to handle the situation and protect yourself.
- The Oldest Trucking Industry Scam: Lumpers – Know how to handle a situation with a lumper, should you ever encounter one in your driving career.
- What You Need to Know About Depression in Truck Drivers – Truck drivers can suffer from depression due to the nature of the job. Being away from home for long periods, excess stress and worry and insufficient mental breaks from the job. Learn how to recognize depression symptoms and how to handle the condition.